Tomorrow is the big day when two high profile dramas are premiering and both of them are sageuks: MBC’s fantasy Gu Family Book and SBS’s reimagination tale Jang Ok Jung, Live For Love. Here are the posters from Gu Family Book, the drama that I’m most excited about due to the obvious reasons. And..they are not what I expected from the preceding stills that were showered upon us until now. I know Lee Seung Gi plays half-gumiho, half-human; but in the posters, he looks scary. Will the drama have something like those werewolf stories where the person becomes scarier at certain times, unable to control his behavior. Well, I thought we are going to have a fantasy-magic show, dashed with the rom-com; but I like it this way as well. Of course a show must continue to surprise us.
And finally, we get a glimpse of Sung Joon, who plays Suzy‘s bodyguard. Another poster looks much happier with all our cast members in one. Let’s see which drama will deliver on our expectations, which are pretty high for this show. Gu Family Book will have a total of 24 episodes with the Monday-Tuesday slot and I’m planning to watch it live. How can I resist my Lee Seung Gi and that too when he looks cute (and creepy?!?) at the same time.
- Stills galore for ‘Gu Family Book’
- A look at upcoming dramas, to be premiered in April (Part 1)
- More stills from ‘Gu Family Book’, featuring Suzy and Lee Seung Gi in some action sequence
- Gu Family Book: Lee Seung Gi’s sageuk look and cast additions
- Lee Seung Gi and Suzy team up for fantasy sageuk ‘Gu Family Book’